FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 12:19:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: rear cargo area material  (Read 5277 times)
vivan

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:49:50 AM »

Hi all , im about to order material from sms auto fabrics in the US that looks like a good match for the original diamond pattern. It is going to cost me $225 for 3yards off the roll of 52 or 54 inches and that is enough to do rear area, and postage around $150. Might get better for buying more. Im getting some regardless but if anyone else thinks they might like some let me know and i will order a bit more. Im ready to order now so be quick. I dont want money now just want to know if there are two or three others interested. Viv
fink

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:58:57 AM »

Iwould check out ClarkeRubber,i'm sure they have a vinyl similar,also check with Trimmers who specialize in 50's chev's coz that's what we ended up with,hopefully it'll keep the cost down.I assume you have a wagon?Good luck, Gaz!
vivan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »

yeah got a wagon. Tryed trimmers but havnt found anything close enough to oliginal yet. Will go to clarke rubbers today and look but havnt noticed any before .Its off white diamond pattern vynal.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »

Viv, if you can wait an extra week or two (over whatever SMS told you) I plan to order a full roll of this to bring over, although I still haven't been given the roll price or freight yet so I am unsure of the final cost per metre.
Fingers crossed, I might finally be able to sort out some off-white "swirly" roof-lining too  Undecided

vivan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »

Glenn that sounds good to me. I didnt ask roll price as way too much material for me to unload but would work out cheaper. I have a fully restored fc wagon that only needs the rear cargo area done to roll out on the road so keen as. I will leave it for now and touch base with you in a couple of weeks to see how its going. I was lucky enough to need the light blue roof linning that turned up instead of the white last time so bad for eveyone else but a win for me . thanks again for that. viv
fink

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »

Any chance of a pic ? Thanks.
vivan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 12:57:09 PM »

I cant do pics but if you want to pm me i could foward email of pic and price that sms sent me. Looks good.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »

They sent me a sample and it is an exact match to the original, the only difference is the backing material which you won't see anyway.

fink

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »

I cant do pics but if you want to pm me i could foward email of pic and price that sms sent me. Looks good.
Cheesy I mean't a pic of the wagon,no probs,i can't do em either!
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »

If u go to Clarke rubber, you may have to mortgage your house  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: