FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 04:31:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Different booster to standard  (Read 3589 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »

So my build has taken a turn (new build thread to come) and want to consider the impact if any of running VS commodore calipers all round with a VT booster.

What should I be considering if anything? Is the VT booster suitable or too strong?

Cheers

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 01:13:58 PM »

The VT booster will react too quickly for VS calipers - VT booster has a 2 stage action directly suited to VT calipers. Use a VS booster.

Ken
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »

Dammit

FC327

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »

Hi My everyday car has been using the combo you mentioned. I have a vl and I am running the VT booster and master cylinder with VS/VL turbo front calipers on 290ml discs and std vl/vs rear disks. The car brakes very well and the additional boost from the vt booster is noticable.  The brakes are predictable and are not touchy, you can lock them if you want to. The VL is a little heavier than the FC. FC327
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »

I just installed VT pedals and booster when mcl1959 made comment. I trust his judgement re braking experience but interested in you actually running them. Save me from re doing my firewall!

Does the pedal travel less before lockup?

I really have to start a thread I think

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:39:44 PM »

I just installed VT pedals and booster when mcl1959 made comment. I trust his judgement re braking experience but interested in you actually running them. Save me from re doing my firewall!

Does the pedal travel less before lockup?

I really have to start a thread I think
Do a search under "Show us your Booster" I started this thread a while back has some good shots of the alternative unites you can use .....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 04:16:08 PM »

427 thanks, had a look but i am not looking for an alternative as I have ALREADY installed the VT setup. I just want it to work properly and need to nut out if it will do the job now before I get to the end of the conversion and realise I should have used the VS unit. As I cut bloody holes everywhere I am going to have to cut a dirty big square in the fire wall if I am to use the VS setup as the bolts are different and I dont want swiss cheese firewall!!

I hope I get to use the VT booster...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:25:44 PM by NES232 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: