FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 24, 2024, 09:23:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Rodders  (Read 2910 times)
HARKO
« on: April 24, 2003, 11:11:30 AM »

Not totaly clear about the situation at present but would like to send my condolences to the 2 guys who died  when thier Street Rod caught fire at the Victorian Nationals over easter ,may they rest in peace.
Apparently they were caught  when the solenoids failed to open the doors of the car which trapped them inside, I will guess that it was an electrical fire maybe and burned the wiring causing failure.
Keep this thought in mind ED and keep an extinguisher inside the car , I was going to go this route with the Ute but after hearing this I dont think so , Cant fit through the windows in emergency either.
Ill update this thread as the details come to hand.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 11:13:50 AM by HARKO » Logged
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 11:49:15 AM »

Hey Harko.
I haven't heard anything about this situation as yet. My Rod club meeting is on tuesday, and i'm sure that "IF" it happened, it will be on the meeting agenda.
I do know that a 32 roadster lost control and hit the guard rail during the GotoWhoa, causing a fair bit of damage to the front. No injuries reported though.
I will let you know if I hear anything.
Regards
Alex
P.S. Perhaps you should delete those little sayings within your settings when posting something of this type and seriousness.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 11:52:00 AM by custom_fc » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 12:11:09 PM »

Your right I didnt think of that Alex, Since posting I was told that it was a 32 and it had met with a semi trailer .
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 08:32:45 PM »

Sad news indeed Harko..

my engineer advised me to fit external mechanisms.

I have just completed fitting up push buttons to all doors.

have got a few pics.

Ed

in the shed
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 08:09:37 AM »

G'day guys...

Not wanting to continue the bad news, but I've just stumbled across this yarn on the wires which unfortunately confirms Harkos original post....

Story headline: Post-race crash lifts state’s toll to six

Two men died after their car, a hot rod, slammed into a pole and exploded in Geelong yesterday.

Senior Constable Adrian Hurring, of the Geelong traffic management unit, said the car had been an exhibit at the 16th Australia Street Rod Nationals at the Geelong Showgrounds.

‘This was not a race accident,’ Senior Constable Hurring said. ‘The car had been at a ‘show'n'shine’ event. The smash happened two kilometres from the venue.’

He said the pair were probably on their way home when they crashed. Geelong police have appealed for witnesses.

Publication: The Age
Publication date: 21-4-2003
Page no: 3

slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 08:38:39 AM »

If this is correct , my condolences go out to the guys families and friends .

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2003, 12:05:37 PM »

it did happen and the owner and a mate died.
car left the road hit a tree and burst into flames. onlookers tried to get people out but couldnt and i am unsure if the car had handles or not
condolences to all of the familys involved
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 08:16:36 AM »

From what I can find out, this incedent happened. It happened late on the last day of the Nats. The owner took his boss for a spin, left the road and hit a tree. The car burst into flames when it hit, but there was not an issue with door handles or solenoids, as by reports, one of the doors was open after the accident. The car in question was a highboy 34 Chevy Coupe.
An unfortunate accident.
My thoughts and prayers are with the families at this time.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: