FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 04, 2024, 06:21:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Small block engine mounts  (Read 2203 times)
crowbar
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »

Attempted to Dummy fit my SMC into the FE today only to discover that the mounts I welded on to the front end were too low and that the sump was hitting the cross member before mateing with the rubber mount
To make a long story short I rang CRS and they had sent me the wrong mounts {No mention of replacing them with the correct ones however)
I now want to fabricate my own for obvious reasons $$$$$ wasted paint job etc
My question to forum members who have done this conversion is can you give me the correct clearance measurement between the sump and cross member so that I can modify the ones I have

I have taken photos of this rebuild over the years and will start posting them shortly just need one of the kids to come home to teach me

Thanks Crowbar
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »

Can't you just make spacers between the rubber mount and the block to lift the engine , I have done this before and it was a quick fix ....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:07:12 PM »

Maybe  HK-HG Chev engine mount spacers???
ACE  Cool
crowbar
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 05:55:03 PM »

Thanks Gents
Have already tried and appreciate your responses and suggestions, spaces spread the mounts too far apart and the hk/g adaptors are too high
I have dummy fitted motor and gearbox today to make accurate measurements and made templates to weld extensions to the existing cross member mounts I have allowed 10mm between the sump and cross member
Just annoying that I was not supplied with what I paid for but just another obstacle to get over and a good learning experience
Will do this during the week

Cheers
Crowbar
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: