FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:19:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V8 Aircon engine brackets  (Read 2480 times)
perth_ute

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »

Hello All, I am after any pics of 308/efi with aircond. I like the idea of drivers side under the power steering pump but it is not going to fit because of the hr crossmember. I have a bunch of mounts but looking for pics of the different setups.
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 07:11:53 PM »

Mine only fits in there because I have the V6 conversions front end, and it was a super tight fit. Don't think you would be able to do it under the power steer pump with the HR front. When I had the van, I had to mount the compressor up high on the V6. Have you got photos of your set up as it sits in the bay. Would love a look to kick ideas around.
Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
perth_ute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

yes I tried your setup and it hits the hr cross member sides so that option is not going to work  Embarrassed. I have the vs power steering pump on the drivers side and alternator on the passenger standard but want to get the aircon while everything is being put together. It is very tight but having a ball. I found a pitchure of a vk brock engine where the aircon is above the alternator on the drivers side and the power steering on the passenger. Anyone tried this setup with/without efi?
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »

It's really a matter of having the units (alt,power steer, and aircond) located where they will actually fit and then making the brackets to suit, so if it you can hold the units with the pulleys in the approximate position and they fit then go for it I say.
I had a thought about above the engine as well, like a supercharger, but wouldn't look real good.

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: