FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:16:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Info request - carby data  (Read 1645 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2011, 08:16:31 PM »

Ladies and gents,

I'm in the process of pulling together an enthusiasts guide for early Holden carbies. My intention is to cover mainly the single-barrel BX Strombergs from FX-HR, though will dabble a little in the HR 186S WW's (and other wierd and wonderful stuff) to make the picture whole. The aim is to cover:
• historical information, such as which carburettors and fittings were fitted to different model Holdens,
• practical information on identification, disassembly and reassembly of early Holden original and replacement carburettors (including twins and triples), and
• guidance on tuning, replacement parts and overhaul techniques.
Aiming to finish it off then post on the FX/FJ, FE/FC, FB/EK, EJ/EH and Early Holden forums.

I've managed to lay my hands on the following info so far:
• The Bendix Corporation Australia (Automotive) Pty Ltd Stromberg Carburettor Service Manual No. BM1 issued August 1968, with the 1970 supplement.
• The Bendix Corporation Australia (Automotive) Pty Ltd Carburettor & Fuel Pump Service Parts Catalogue No. PC2 Issued March 1968.
• The Holden EK Workshop Manual.
• The Holden ‘FB’ Workshop Manual.
• The Holden ‘EJ’ ‘EH’ Workshop Manual.
• The Master Parts Catalogue (20 Years of Holden Production).
• The Scientific Publications Workshop Manual Series No. 67 Holden covering series 1948/’53 FJ, FE, FC, FB, EK, EJ, EH, HD, HR.
• The Scientific Publications Workshop Manual Series No. 86 Holden covering series HK, HT, HG (whilst this document does not aim to examine HK/HT/HG Holdens, the HR, HK, HT and HG Holden 186S engines have identical WW Stromberg carburettors).
I've also pulled a hell of a lot of info off the forums and made a go of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

To help complete the picture, does anyone have any of the following please:
a) A copy of the FX, FJ, FE, FC, HD and HR Holden Workshop manuals? I only need a copy of the Fuel and Engine (Fuel) Specifications sections - would love a scan or photocopy, happy to pay postage to make it work.
b) A copy of the Bendix Service Manual or Parts Catalogue dated later than 1968 - would love a scan, photocopy or loan, happy to pay postage to make it work.
c) Any Accelerator Magazines or Service Bulletins that deal with Stromberg carbs - would love a scan or photocopy, happy to pay postage to make it work.
d) Advice on the best way to pull main discharge jets (not main metering jets) out of single barrel Strombergs? The original GMH and Stromberg tools appear to be unavailable - if anyone has one, I'd love some measurements and photos please. Any reason not to use a small screw extractor, or a better way?
e) Photos of triple and twin Stromberg setups. I have pulled all there are to offer from the forums, though most show the "sexy engine bay" view rather than details of throttle and choke linkages.
f) Anecdotes on Stromberg modifications (very happy to chat to any of the grey racers out there).

Cheers,
Harv (apprentice carby fiddler).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: