FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:51:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Airbags - Fc sedan.. info if anyone has done it  (Read 2137 times)
JamiePla

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:46:26 PM »

I've been thinking about bagging my fc all round, don't wanna put a chassis kit

Just wondering, If it has been doing? anything go wrong with it *other then rego/defect* Pros and cons

Any help would be great, couldn't find anything for bags on here, so if there is one link me.

Thanks gals & gents
-Jamie
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »
+1

Hi Jamie,

I haven't done it but I've been thinking about it for a long time and seen a few instals to inspire me.

an HR front end can be bagged by modifying the control arms and cross member upper spring mounts to take bags.

the rear end can be done most simply by removing leaves and putting bags over the diff and modifying the area of floor above the diff to incorporate the mounting structure.

I would recommend speaking to your local engineer and rego authorities first though, because it has to be safe and bags cant rub/chaff, and structure must be strong, otherwise the result could be disastrous.

the mini truck guys are well clued up on this stuff but often their DIY instals leave alot to be desired.

pros = smooth ride and adjustable ride height.
cons = cost to install and engineering.

there's  a nice bagged purple EK over on the FB/EK forum.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: