FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:53:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Motor Questions  (Read 4312 times)
useless_delusion

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 11:36:32 AM »

Hi All,

I come from the EJ EH Qld Forum and was directed here by a member to help answer a few questions about the good old grey motor.

I am at the finishing off stage of an original restoration to an EJ Wagon and am in the final process of finishing of the engine and am in need of some help regarding a few things.

The engine that was in the car was fitted with an alternator and I would like to go back to a generator for originality sake but i'm not sure how it mounts to the block. Does anyone have a photo of how it mounts or some spare mounting brackets?

Also I have one of the external oil filters and at some stage in its life it has been chromed. I want to paint it original, what colour were they originally painted?

What oil does everyone generally run in these motors since they dont have a proper oil filter?

Thanks in advance

-Craig
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:03:55 PM »

Hi Craig, this may help, it's only a small brackett, they may have used the same one, others may have better pics, this is an FC engine but probably the same, click on the image to enlarge

As for the oil filter, someone may want to exchange their one for your chromed unit, if it has AC stamped into the lid, the body could have been black or engine grey and the lid bare cast metal

If it has a plain lid, it's probably orange body with a black lid.

Cheers, Gary

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »

Craig

Here is another pic showing the generator in relation to the bracket

at the front there is an elongated nut setup
useless_delusion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:55:48 PM »

Thanks for the photos guys. Big help, I do have the angle bracket for the bottom and I may have the top bracket, I did dummy fit up after seeing these photos this afternoon and the long flat bracket for the top I have doesnt seem to be long enough? Its about 12cm long and when fitted up there was no play to adjust the fan belt tension. Is this the right one or have I got in confused with another part?

Also forgot to ask earlier, when fitting a Brake Booster where does it connect to the manifold?

Thanks again,
-Craig
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »

I would say you have the wrong fan belt because the top bracket sounds right at 12 cm.
The booster goes into a special "double" outlet brass fitting that replaces the single outlet fitting in the manifold.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: