FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:47:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stability Control laws in Victoria  (Read 3021 times)
FESteve
qld-club

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »

I read today in the paper that it is now complusary for vehicles made and sold after Jan 1 2011 to have stability control in Victoria.

My question is are newly re-built restored FC's & FE's excempt from this ?
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:44:57 PM »

I would imagine so. New ADR regs have never been retrospective. For example, you don't have to fit a catalytic converter or pollution gear  - unless you're fitting a motor that those things were standard on.

I read somewhere that these new Chinese imports (Chery I think it was called), can't be sold in Vic because of this law. Not until they comply, anyway.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »

My question is
The goverment is so hell bent on bringing down the road toll by speed cameras and all their ad campaigns but they still let these chinese crap traps in the country cherry, X250,Great wall shit boxes  these cars have a zero ancap rating how can they let this shit in the country.

JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »

Had a thought today that if its not revenue raising then they should switch the cameras off for 5 days per week, but leave the flash on so if you go through you don't know if its real or not... Make the days that the cameras are on random... kill the uproar about raising money and still have the function of the camera to slow people down.

Could be wrong but just an idea.

Phone +64 223509263
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »

You really have to be tired or on something to run throught a fixed speed camera i reckon

maybe stirr people up with the mobile ones.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 09:57:04 AM »

In regard to the stability control regulations, the ones that it would affect are the ones that are building an ICV which have to comply with current ADR's. This may well inrease the cost of building a kit car, such as a Cobra exponentially. It would also greatly affect people who try and build a vehicle outside the scope of VSB14

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »

My question is
The goverment is so hell bent on bringing down the road toll by speed cameras and all their ad campaigns but they still let these chinese crap traps in the country cherry, X250,Great wall shit boxes  these cars have a zero ancap rating how can they let this shit in the country.

I think the Govt is trying to increase the standard of safety as the progress of technology allows in line with the rest of the world. ESC or whatever it's called is just a further step.. as were seat belts, disc brakes etc once upon a time.

Their policy on speed cameras is something else all together.

As for cheap imports.. why not?   if they meet ADR's it means more competition, cheaper prices and affordable options for new car buyers, it wasn't long ago that we were saying "Hi to Hyundai", and now they are a major player with worldwide acceptance.  This isn't to say I will rush out and buy one.. but I'm sure somebody might... as a bonus I don't think you would need any anti theft devices!

and lastly you drive an FC with a turbo.. an ANCAP rating should be least of your worries!!

My only concern would be how to keep with the ICV requirements as Keith has pointed out.. and even then I would choose to go the MPV route.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »

The ancap rating does not worry me or anyone else on this forum  otherwise they would not drive their old holdens.
 But my car is not a brand new 2011 car with 1960s safety standards in it is it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: