FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 12:37:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fitting Windlace  (Read 2744 times)
sharpeidog

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:02:34 AM »

G'day all.

Quick question about windlace. What is the best way to fit the windlace down the front of the door opening on the front doors on the FC Special, i.e. near the kick panels? I have it fitted o.k. around the headlining, but curious as to the best way to fix it into the groove at the front of the door opening? I have heard it's best to "glue" it in there, but I have also heard that is supposed to be fixed into the groove using some sort of piping slid down the groove to secure it?

Appreciate any advice.....

Cheers.
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »

Plastic piping is sewn on the edge of the windlacing by folding the edge of the material around the piping and stiching it in place. This continuous edge can then be fed into the top of the dash & then gently pulled down into place. This enables easy removal if necessary. Glueing would be difficult, messy and very difficult to remove.  Cheers Old-Blu

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »

I had a so called top custom interior mob here in newy do mine and they glued the piping on the edge of the gutter instead of cleaning the old piping out and doing it properly they had contact cement everywhere seats were not what i asked was the worst job i have ever seen could not beliveve what they had done and charged me top dollar for the crap.

So make sure you clean that gutter out with a scribe or pointer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: