FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 11, 2024, 02:18:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: tri-coloured fc sedans  (Read 3429 times)
Sparkie

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »

hi all,i am restoring a FC. It has the chrome trim extending from the rear tail light fin on top of guard allowing three colours to be used.Thinking of light blue bottom ,dark blue roof and white flash on sides.Does any one know if this combination was used?Also just returned from Summernauts where i was surprised to see so many FC,s.Also have been told from reliable source {my good wife}that the green one was voted best car at Summernauts.Met and spoke to many people including owner of beautiful blue and white FC ,who was most helpful and will be using his blue as my light blue.thanks again Gary
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:26:33 PM »

Hi Gary,

Have a look at this page, which explains the various types of chrome trim on FCs.

Although the late '59 trim technically could be used to create a tri-tone vehicle, this isn't common. In fact I don't think I've ever seen it done. However, there were 'dealer-stripes' or after-market trim kits produced by Auto-Lux and Tilli's that were designed for this purpose, such as this one:

Hope that's helpful.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Sparkie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 05:47:59 PM »

hi thanks for the photos,what i have is the late 59 style[also thought car was around that].In picture three i was planning on the dark blue on roof and boot and light blue on bonnet and sides ,white as is.Thought it would be different but hopefully no too different.Thanks for your interest Gary[sparkie]
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:14:35 AM »

Wink I do believe that the "Green" FC at the Summernats belongs to Mr Fitzpatrick who has attended one of our Nationals.   Grin Grin

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: