FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 01:34:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: door assembly info  (Read 2538 times)
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2003, 02:56:43 PM »

Hi all.  I'm just about to assemble my two doors(front) after getting everyhing detailed, and new parts etc.
There is one question I have to ask as I am not sure what to do/use.      Inside each door is a connecting rod, which in the manual is referred to as the "door lock remote control connecting rod".  There is a "silencer"/sleeve which fits over this which is made out of a sock type material.  My "socks" were fairly perished.
My question is - what can I use to cover these rods,either out of similar material or different and where do I get it.

Thanks again
Miikael
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 09:40:55 PM »

My suggestion would be a soft plastic tubing form an electrical wholesalers or maybe clark rubber.

cheers,
Graham
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 10:44:59 PM »

Miikael,

I had my wife sew me some long strips of T-shirt material (stretch knit poly-cotton) into long "tubes" which I cut into lengths to fit the connecting rods.  Just gotta make sure the diameter of the tube is enough to fit over the "bends" in the ends of the rods...

Do you have the little spring metal clips that they slide through as they actuate?  If not, I can probably salvage some for you off my spare doors.

Brad
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 08:51:26 AM »

I have quite a lot of these in good nick, I think I even have some new stuff.  send me a pm if interested in purchasing

Regards   Ken
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 02:09:13 PM »

As always, thanks for the replys.  Brad I do have the clips for the doors ,thanks anyway.  I'll either take your tip or get some off Ken.

Thanks
Miikael
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: