FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:37:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Car Wiring Kits  (Read 2051 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: August 02, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »

Does anyone know of any decent, well-priced car wiring kits?
There is a couple of simple ones in ebay at the moment Ebay Item #320569928679 the only thing I don't like is that the fuse holder is not marked. I did use a kit from Airide to do my FE, but their current kit has too much "fruit" and is over budget ($200 tops  Undecided)

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »

Stinky I bought  the same one for my Rod was only $90 worked OK there is a diagram which shows fuse location for the various circits there was enough wire length to put plug sets just out side the firewall and for the rear wiring, a plug set in the A pillar.,  so some extra wire is required .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »

Cool, where did you get the $90 version from?

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »

I bought the "cheap" $140 ebay one, compared to the $395 one I got for the FE a few years ago it is pitiful  Cry.
Proves the saying you get what you pay for  Roll Eyes should've known something was up when the seller wouldn't directly answer my question if all the required wires were there and just sent a diagram. The diagram of course shows all the car circuits and wiring, but you are only supplied with the wiring from the battery to the fuse block then out to the switches, anything beyond that you have source yourself  Huh . Lots of extra yellow wire for and circuits accessories though  Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: