FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 04, 2024, 07:34:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: removal of front seat.  (Read 2314 times)
grey58fc

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »

is it possible to remove the front bench of an FC without taking off the front door?
is there a secret method or just take the doors off?
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 09:53:17 PM »

I comes out easy  with out removing the doors  Huh try again ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 10:57:34 PM »

It's good if you have someone to help, remove the rear bolts & loosen the fronts, move the seat backwards out from under the front brackets, take out carefully through the passenger side door, easy, just take it slowly
grey58fc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:52:56 AM »

ive taken all the bolts out so it can move around everywhere but it seriously will not come out through the door,maybe im douing it wrong, ill go tyr again hahahah thanks for that guys hahah apparently wisdom does come from experience hahahaha this is my first resto, everything seems way harder than it probably is!
CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 11:40:58 AM »

You'll need to tip it forward to get it out but as everyone has said they do come out pretty easy.

The only other thing that would make it a problem is if your door hinges are stopping the doors from opening wide enough???

The front door comes off with only a few easy to access bolts anyway so its not a major thing to do. Just mark the hinges carefully before removal and it'll be simple to put it back right.
grey58fc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 02:48:18 PM »

a lil bit of thinkin and some brute force prevailed it was the door not opening wide enough cos it is up on axle stands a the ones at the back are a bit lower s te door kept swinging closed, there out now and now i cant start wire wheeling all the "stuff up off the floor and start to fix rust  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: