FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 17, 2024, 11:13:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc fuel tank pick up  (Read 2705 times)
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »

Hi everyone , just wondering if anyone knows the pickup arrangement in the standard fc fuel tank. The previous owner has installed the fuel line to the drain plug and capped off the fuel outlet in the tank, he obviously had some problems with the pickup and I was hoping someone has some experience with this. Would this also mean that this tank is a throw away or is it serviceable, thanks Gary C
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

Probably means that the pick up has come away from the bottom of the tank - it is soldered to the bottom.
I doubt that it is just blocked up because it would be pretty easy to clean once removed from the car. Try poking a screw driver in the pick up hole and see if you can feel the tube inside moving or you can hear it banging on the bottom of the tank.

It can probably be repaired.

Ken
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »

Thanks Ken, I did put the fuel line back where it should be with 20 litres of fuel in the tank and it did pick up and run the engine but it does have air ( probably the reason the previous owner swapped the line to the drain plug ) I will try a small rubber ring or seal between the tank and outlet and see what happens.Gary C
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:34:41 AM »

I wouldn't expect a rubber seal there will do any good. The seal is inside the fitting. A thought Shocked
There is a brass adapter on the tank which the pipe screws into isn't there?  Without the brass adapter the pipe wont seal.

Ken
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 04:35:38 PM »

You are correct Ken there is an adaptor that the fuel line fitting screws into, that is still in place it seems to be sucking air from inside the tank fittings somewhere. It seems the pickup is in place but may be cracked or the fitting inside the tank isnt sealing, I dont know what the arrangement is so pretty hard to guess. Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: