FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 20, 2024, 08:38:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: dash!! HELP!!!  (Read 5121 times)
HAMFIST

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:41:03 AM »

HELP i need someone to pull there dash out and take some pics so i can us it to help wire mine up as i have no idea how or what any of the wires do Huh.
cheers
Graham
dnb
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:46:43 PM »

Do you have a workshop manual for your car? If not I have one in useable condition I'm happy to post off to you. Let me know if you would like it and I'll send it off as soon as possible. It covers wireing so may help you out. Don't want anything for it, happy to pass it on.
Cheers, Darcy
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 01:34:46 PM »

i do have one but its not really that helpful
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 07:13:52 AM »

The wiring diagram is also available from our Tech Info area. It's reasonably straightforward, if your wiring is original, you can follow the colour-coding.

Of course, if your wiring isn't original, a photo of someone else's wiring is going to be of limited use I suspect.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 02:41:55 PM »

i looked at the wiring diagram its not as help full as you might think i wish the manual was like the ej manual its diagram was in colour
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 05:22:55 PM »

All you need is coloured textas or highlighters and follow the wires?

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
waynos

Model: FC

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 05:57:23 PM »

if your wiring diagram in the manual wont help,i suggest you need an auto electrician.
 Grin Grin Grin

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 08:26:12 AM »

Is your wiring original? Do you have a HOLDEN workshop manual? It shows the colours of each wire, they are not hard to trace. It also shows the connection layouts to major components.The FE dash is not hard to wire up. If your wiring is not original, as was suggested above, you may need an auto leccy.

Colin.

colt
waynos

Model: FC

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:39:09 PM »

thanks colt
thats what i meant but was too lazy to type it all out.
personally i would pull it out and rewire the whole thing,i found this to be easier after trying for 6 weeks to trace a ratty loom.
if the colours aint right rip it out and do it right cause some time down the track you will have wiring probs
and you dont have to remember how the dodgy wiring went,you can just get ya manual out and trace stuff.
 Cool

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

ive got the original HOLDEN workshop manual i know i can use colour pens and junk but its not the book iam having trubles with as i wasnt the person who took the dash out i dont know where any of the rats nest of wires go and ive got the original wiring in the car but some smart fella at some point cut a whole bunch of ends of the loom ive figured out a few things as i can start it with the switch and have the headlights come on but thats it so far all i need is a picture of someones dash half out with all the wire still attached
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 08:44:22 PM »

If you have got that far, you can't really stuff anything else up. All the wires for the lights are at the switch, connect them up until all your lights are working as they should. You may have to move the connections around till you get them right.

Can you get another loom? It sounds as if yours has been rooted around with and the wrong colours substituted. I was going to suggest you just connect it all and rearrange till you get everything, but the better way to go would be to replace the loom if the wires have been played with. They are not hard to replace.

Colin,

colt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: