FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:07:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: help on chev v8 or holden into fc  (Read 2278 times)
dadsfc

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »

hi my dad and myself are just begining our father son project of his fc holden restoration, and i was wondering does any1 know if u can still engineer this in victoria and i would like to go the chev small block preferably for power reasons, but is it easier to fit the holden 308 in or the chev? if any1 here has done the changeover could they please write me a list of items they had to do to get this to fit.

thankyou
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:37:30 PM »

Rules are changing at the moment so I would certainly contact an engineer before going too far down this path. It used to be OK, but in the future?Huh

Chev is easier to fit than Holden

You need a chassis kit, later front end with disc brakes, rack & pinion steering, bigger radiator, custom exhaust, dual circuit brakes, floor hump, rear trans mount, stronger rear end, plus a whole lot more little bits and pieces.  Oh and did I mention lots of dollars. Grin

Ken
fcv85l

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »

chevs make cheap reliable power and the aftermarket supports them well
sexyfc

Model: FC

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

Im building one now and engineer says its all good for a 350, as ken says theres a few bucks to spend.. If you need the engineers number let me know
john

Project started 16/01/08.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: