FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:39:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Toy  (Read 1788 times)
Fc1958

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2009, 06:30:26 PM »

I've just been "given" a holden from the old guy down the road and i'm trying to work out some things. FC-215-4688-S , does this mean Model= FC , 215 = standard? (cause the glovebox has specail on it and the bonnet has the holes for the chrome birdy) , 4688 = 4688ith made, and S = Sydney made.
then what gets me is trim = 352-638 , is the 352 the type of trim? cause i think 638 = Fall Red? . Paint No 256-2158 (256 = DUCO/Lacquer) and 2158 = Cape Ivory .
Now how do i know if it is a 58 or a 59 cause the Cape Ivory is a diff color per year. Any help in these "problems" would be appreciated greatly.
oh yeah went to Rare spares and saw the photos , look good Smiley

“Old Holdens never die… they just go faster!”
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

You've got first line right
352 is the GMH code for single tone Cape Ivory paint and 638 is Fall red as you say
Third line you have right as well.
Cape Ivory was only ever the one colour and runs throughout the model range.
If you can supply the chassis number from the engine bay skirt on the drivers side near the wiring loom then I can date the car accurately.

Glovebox lid must have had badge changed over the years and bonnet emblem accessory could have been added from new.
Ken
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 09:31:16 PM »

Hi,
Your new toy is a FC-215 otherwise known as a Standard Sedan
You have read the details off the ID Tag on the firewall. To identify the age of the car you have to get the Chassis Nº, which is on the right hand side on the flat(horizontal) section of the inner guard between the Brake Master Cylinder and the electrical connector for the RH Headlight (where it goes through the guard). If you can get this number, and the engine number, we can confirm the car build date.
Over 50 years, owners make changes to their cars: the Special Badge on the glove box is probably not original, and the bonnet emblem was an accessory that could have been fitted new, or shortly thereafter.
Your Cape Ivory Car should have Fall Red PVC Trim if all is original.
A picture of your car would be good to get, meanwhile welcome to the FC fraternity.
Geoff_K
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: