FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:23:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: G'day from a new bloke  (Read 2145 times)
RM-special

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2009, 04:31:38 PM »

Thought as I just joined,I better introduce myself .
I'm a 47 year old bloke who is slowly trying to turn 3 FC's into one good one.
Basically building my wife an early 60's "traditional" mild custom car .It's taking forever and, will take a bit longer.Car is at the moment half dismantled ,any unboltable panels are now bare metal at work. I got the bonnet louvred by a local  Hot rodder ,and the plan is to have paint in a flat dark green with a 'flake forrest green roof ,and candy burnt orange flames (single row) over the front wheel arch and along above the sill panels. Engine will be slightly warm ,dual carbs, cam and extractors ,but will run the single carb while running the engine in.
So here's a pic to show a bit of the detail thats going into this car.This is the stock inlet manifold deburred and polished ,with a finned heat exchanger cover I machined up at work.For a bit of zing  some engine turning was added, using some red scotchbrite punched from a linisher belt and hot glued it to a used "roloc " disc fitted to the roloc mandrel  . A milling machine (digital read out made life easy) was used to lay down the turns.
Cheers for now
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 09:24:29 PM »

Very cool, looks schmick.

Welcome aboard, and keep the pics coming. Start yourself a new thread in the Members' Cars area to document how it all comes together, and remember, it's a lot cheaper to learn from other peoples' experience. That's what we're here for.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 11:34:08 PM »

Welcome to the boards.
Looking forward to more details and pics.
Regards
Alex

RM-special

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 10:20:28 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.
 When I am a bit more organised ,i'll try and follow up with a "build in progress thread" in the
members car section as suggested.Hopefully being on here will motivate me to get this car done .
Cheers
RM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: