FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:23:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Door Division Channels  (Read 1939 times)
Perce1

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:36:30 PM »

Can anyone advise me where I can get door division channels?
I have had a look at Rare Spares & either they call them something else or I have missed them. I am going by the description given in the workshop manual.
Also the top & 2 sides of all doors has a metal channel ( Glass run channel from the workshop manual)that clips into the recesses at the top of the doors that I presume the bailey channel goes into. Or does the bailey channel incorporate the 2?

Cheers Perce

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:03:56 AM »

Gday perce, not sure of your terminology, but as I recall the divider is serviced by attaching a new (rares) rubber strip to the divider chanel on the 1/4 window side, & is held in place via 3 or 4 sharp prongs & glue to the upright divider.

The remaining side & others that you mention are serviced by new 1 piece bailey chanel, be sure to dig the old retainer clips out of the grooves, you may need a spot or three of glue in there to hold the new ones in place, also rares.

The glass run strips are also rares, these are held in by clips similar to original that are already attached to the strips, make sure they are well flattened once installed so they don't scratch your glass when the window slides up.

Cheers, Gary
Perce1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 09:16:49 AM »

Hi Gary, thanks for the info, it all helps me work through it all, having never undertaken this sort of thing before.
What I was refering to was the actual "Division channel" as illustrated in the workshop manual, Fig 1-34 on page 35. Other info that you have given me is great for the rest, but a couple of my division cannels have rusted out mainly in the lower sections inside of the doors

Cheers Perce
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 08:18:12 PM »

The channels are not available as a repro - I have good second hand ones available if needed.  Rust is a bit of a problem with these on occasions as I have seen some pretty bad ones.

Send me a pm if interested - probably asking about $10 each for channels.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: