FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 09:46:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to fit Escutcheon Plates?  (Read 2742 times)
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:22:03 PM »

Hi all, as the title suggests, I am wanting to know how to fit the escutcheon plates - I found a spare one lying around in the shed. Do I just take the knobs off and get at it this way, or do I take out the dash panel and undo the stalks from behind?

Many thanks,

Ol_Girl_58
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 09:52:46 PM »

You will need to undo the dash panel and remove the speedo cable to get a bit of access behind the dash
Depends which one you are going to replace
Choke / wiper
You need to remove the choke cable from the carby and undo the retaining nut behind the cable & remove the entire cable. Undo the small screw on the wiper knob and remove it, then remove the lock nut on the outside of the dash.

Ignition / Lights
disconnect battery, pull lights full on, depress small button on light switch body and remove knob. Then remove the lock nut on the outside of the dash. Turn key to lock then using a small wire, push it into the tiny hole and depress spring, keep turning key to left and barrel will come out, then remove the lock nut on the outside of the dash.

Hope this helps

Ken
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 10:16:53 PM »

Thanks Ken.

How/where does the dash panel undo?

Cheers,

Ol_Girl_58
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 06:24:45 AM »

There are two large Phillips head screws on the underside return of the dash panel either side of the steering column. When you're grovelling round under the dash to disconnect the speedo cable, you'll see em easily enough Grin. As a hint put a towel or rag over the steering column so you dont scratch it, as the dash rests there if everything isn't disconnected.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: