FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:47:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fe ute  (Read 3258 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »

Ebay Item #150314500660

How much trouble to make a rotisserie like that one - seems pretty neat type of one to me.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:42:34 PM »

Ask me privately what I think of special people like this who cut up perfectly good cars, lose interest for some reason or another, and then sell what's left on ebay. Tongue

Ken
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:12:54 AM »

As long as they don't bugger the cars up too much it's a good thing, it lowers the price of the project base and people who know what they are doing can get stuff at a cheaper price  Grin

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »

Quote ....Ask me privately what I think of special people like this who cut up perfectly good cars, lose interest for some reason or another, and then sell what's left on ebay.......   I have no problem with what Special people will do with there own posesions each to their own I say, Situations change in life which sometime forces people to abandon a project   ...What is a crime is all the Scrap Merchants who will scrap a good car for $150 and it's lost forever only to return from China as a Trampoline frame or ping pond table base  ........FC427.........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »

i agree wiyh ken somewhat though as fc427 says ,tooeach his own.it is a pity chopping a classic,but makes our good cars more expensive cause they are rarer.people told me to chop up my donor car,i just couldn't do it.sold on a basket case to a guy with lots a dreams.
hope he finishes it one day.also the people that give up give us cheap starting projects cause they are over itand don't wanna look at it anymore

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 05:47:09 PM »

Don't get me wrong - I'm not against modifieds. I'm all for people cutting up FE's or FC's with a good plan and a good realisation of what it will require and what it will cost. But cutting out the front floor along with the structural member which holds the front subframe on is somewhat silly unless an entirely new chassis is going to be installed.
This car looks like the result of a rash decision to cut out the floor and then the owner realising that they didn't know what to do next, so decided to sell it.
The car will need an entire custom made chassis to finish it, or a donor car to put back the original chassis which has been removed.

Ken
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 09:12:40 PM »

ken i understood perfectly,and it makes me a little angry seeing these people with no idea also
(no offense to anyone in that comment)but you must have some idea where you are going with a project and do some research before chopping the chassis out huh?

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: