FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:37:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Holden Special  (Read 3318 times)
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:38:56 PM »

Hi All,
I am new to old Holdens, always had hot rods and classics. So, my question is what is the actual difference between a Special and the others. Huh
Thanks
Impala
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:14:31 PM »

G'day, Impala. Welcome to the forum. The Special basically has more chrome, generally 2 tone paintwork & 2 tone interior. Blinkers, ciggy lighter & special badges are about it. Line up a standard & a Special & you see the differences straight away. Standards are actually making a comeback due to their rarity. Do you own 1?
Colin   

colt
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »

Hi Impala, As Colt says, FE FC Sedans had 3 levels & the Wagons standard & special

Standard Sedan, Wagon = single tone paint, no stainless steel body moulds, single tone seats, no courtesy light switches in front A pillars, no blinker wiring.

Business Sedan = the same, with better seat springs, handrail bar, dome light switch on B pillar, Additional leaf springs?

Special Sedan, Wagon = 2 tone paint (usually) stainless steel body moulds, 2 tone seats (usually) courtesy light switches in front A pillars, blinkers

I've probably missed a few. What do you have?

Gary
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 03:54:15 PM »

Hi guys, thanks for your reply, I have an FC Station Sedan, it is two tone, has two tone seats, and blinkers, but does not say that it is a special anywhere, no badges etc. Although, it has no heater or radio, were these included or optional? Impala
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »

No such thing as a 'non-optional' radio or heater in these old girls Impala.
Gary, you are right, the Business sedans had an extra leaf (making 5 total) in their cart springs.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2025?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2025?
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »

Impala, Special Station Sedans have badges saying Station Sedan not Special. Standard Station Sedans don't have badges at all AFAIK. From your description youv'e got a Special.
Colin
The plate in the engine bay should have a number starting with FC229.

colt
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 12:31:23 PM »

Thanks for all your help, and you are right on all accounts, it has all the things that you said, including the FC229. Impala Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: