FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:01:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ACT club run - Cotter picnic  (Read 3409 times)
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »

The ACT had its annual picnic at the Cotter River on Sunday 18 January, and it seems the cars caught someone's eye.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/holden-on-to-classic-appeal/1410285.aspx

There is a photo in the Canberra Times as well.  I will post it later.  It has "Lucky Gwen's" (Janette) FC front and centre - you've got to be happy with that Janette!!!!!!  There are also some other forum users and their cars in the photo.

Cheers
David

lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »

Hi David

Read your article today, raced up to my local shops to buy the paper, sold out. Then went to Woolies at Belconnen, sold out. Then went to Coles and luckily they had a few. So I bought 2 papers.

Its a nice photo of all the cars. The colours came up beautifully.

And yes I'm happy with the photo.

Thanks again David for letting us know it was in there today.

Cheers
Janette

By the way, why weren't you at the Cotter yesterday??
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:31 PM »

And here is the photo that goes with the article.

I had to do a quick trip to Sydney and so missed the run, and the chance to nudge into the paper.

Cheers
David

lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 09:43:44 PM »

Very nice indeed.

I found out the guy who owned my car back in 2003 is from this forum. His name is Tony Mudie and I found a thread when he was selling it back in September 03. He wrote alot about what had been done to it, so now I know.

Cheers
Janette
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »

A guy from the EJ-EH club here asked me how we got in the paper; it's usually so hard just to get them to turn up. As we were arriving at the Cotter we passed a Canberra Times car, he chucked a uie & followed us. Next day we get the beaut article. On page 3 no less!
How's that, Gwen. Your 1st club run & you get in the paper! Gotta be happy with that!
Colin.

colt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: