FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:08:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: sandblasting  (Read 1868 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:51:18 AM »

The sandblaster here will sandblast my wagon and spray in two pack primer for $1000, i'm only going to get him to blast frames etc. no panels, is the two pack primer the way to go or is it going to cause problems where the feathered edges are and where i need to repair sections, would i be better off just getting it done in etch primer, i'll be painting the car in laquer.

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »

Pedro you don't really want 2K primer if you are going to use Acrylic Lacquer the Lacquer does not have great adhesion the the 2K primer  The Blaster I use coates every thing he blasts in a clear metal sealer that can be sprayed or brushed on and has the viscosity of turps , I have had cars in this sealer for over 2 years with no rust forming. and just wipe it with GP thinners to remove for repair and no problems to etch straight over  Don't ask me the product name ask your Blaster he may have of it .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 01:05:37 PM »

Thanks, I will have a chat with him, but if i have to clean that stuff off before i etch prime, wouldn't it just be easier to get him to do the etch priming in the first place.

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »

Pedro you don't have to clean it off it is safe to go straight over with 1k etch and they beauty is it's clear  you can repair a rusty area grind your welds and brush a bit more on over it  to protect it till you get all the welding done and are ready to start repairs .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: