FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 11, 2024, 08:52:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: another star in our midst  (Read 4142 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »

well done leon- just got the latest SM mag dropped off yesterday and there is a nice little story on FCCOOL and his build.
good story and some nice piccies, good to put a face to the name.
well deserved leon.
2 FC's in 2 editions got to be happy with that Grin Grin Grin

dean

before you all start screaming its not in my copy i got a subscription for chrissy so i get mine a few days earlier Wink

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »

Thanks smithy, i am not a street machine subscriber so i have to wait till wedensday.
 I have been getting nearly every issue over the last couple of years becuase often coincidently the tech articles come out when i am doing what is in the tech articles, also there is usually as many or more customs than any of the other aussie mags, i guess just becuase the magazine has so many pages.
last month they had that red & white blown 6 Fc wagon, the month before it was that green FB wagon, they seem to be big on old holdens now.
 I didnt think they would do a story on the car before it was finished, at first i thought they were taking the photos incase they did a story on the car when it was finished.
 i bet it looks rough with the front in epoxy and fibreglass over the welds, my missus wasnt happy with me becuase i cleaned out the shed and left the front yard a mess but Pete the photographer said the mess looked great and tried to get as much mess in the shots as he could.

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 10:24:53 PM »

hey leon, its a shame they didnt take the pics when you had the nose in colour, but from a photographers point of view ( ive been one for 23 years) the "mess: is what its all about mate, that is what you have been up against, and what the article is based around.
and i my opinion it looked fine, knowing what youve been working up against the last couple of years Wink
the guy who wrote it is that hewy from the ozrodders site?
and yeah they do seem to be doing a bit on the older holdens lately, about bloody time too these are really the grass roots of our sport/ hobby/passion/obsession Wink
though i am getting a little peeved with these mega $$$$ owner builds ( outsourcing everything or getting every sponsor to help)
the only reason i get it as i said is that i got a subscription as a pressent otherwise i would occaisionally buy it, i like cruizin or aust street rodder, but lately as you said the tech articles do coincide with the same things im doing, like the welding at the moment, and in this one hose fittings.
but in the end mate ya gotta be happy being in " australia's number 1" ( not my words) performance car mag.
as said before mate well deserved. Wink Wink Wink Wink

good on ya
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 10:16:20 AM »

Congratulations Leon

Good to see you get some well deserved recognition for your efforts. 

From what we have heard SM are starting to realise that not everyone can afford to spend mega-bucks on their car and the main thing that real car enthusiasts are interested in is the journey and the underpinnings of the vehicle - things that are usually forgotten once the paint goes on! SM are also starting to be especially interested in what the owners have done themselves rather than turn-key cars!

And yes, the assistant editor from SM haunts the Ozrodders site ("griff") !   Wink
FYI - Griff has an EJ.

No doubt they'll do a follow up once it's finished too!  Cheesy

Kathi and John  Cool

NosFEratu
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 10:41:48 AM »

the mess is what it's all about, showing that YOU  did it and on top of that you didn't have the fully fitted out 10 car painted floor workshop with 3 employees doing the work that you later lay claim to Roll Eyes
as for mags SM is about the only one i buy now koolish cars and lots to read, cruizin used to be good when it first started but now it's just like the rest full of shinney megadollar or old fart with no taste cars
NOTE: this is not a go at shinney paint just a term
Just40
qld-club

I cant fix my brakes, so I made my horn LOUDER

just40fe
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 10:59:58 AM »

great work and well done  Wink

pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 11:32:42 AM »

Hey ratbox, i'm an oldish fart that likes shinney paint and chrome but i must have good taste coz i like FE/FC's ( notice i mentioned FE's too )  Cheesy, by the way shiny is only spelt with one n  Wink, and no i'm not trying to stir up trouble remember it's all in fun guys Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 11:57:48 AM »

Well done Leon,

It must give you great encouragement to finish it off now and have a follow up article. A lot of people have the excuse, I dont have this or that therefore I cannot do it, you have been an inspiration to others of what you have achieved, in some particularly adverse situations. I look forward to meeting you one day.

Congratulations Wink

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 12:31:35 PM »

Great to hear Leon, goes to show that all those time you thought about throwing in the towel are now just a distant memory. Your build & determination are what this hobby/sport are all about.

Well done & congratulations  Cheesy Grin.

Dean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: