FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:25:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: colour schemes  (Read 4763 times)
nige and Jody

Where do I start?

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »

G'day all,

Just been reading a couple of posts about colour schemes and was after, if there is one, a definitive answer to my car's colours.

The tag reads:

FC 225 - 14298M
Trim - 310 - 630
Paint - 256 - 7770
RPO - 253 - 9751

(chassis and engine numbers have been published before but can't find them at the moment)

I have already established that the '9751' should read '9741' must have been a bad day at the stampers.

So it should be a mid 59 colour scheme of Fountain blue over India ivory with a Viscount blue and black interior. 

I take it that 'mid' colour scheme is where the roof and main body colour would be India ivory and the flash and boot would be fountain blue.  I think it was Geoff K (years ago now) estimated that the car was built between 17 - 20 Aug 59.  On the paint decoder the colour schemes are indicated as changing around jun 59 in Vic to the final colour and RET was mentioning that the interiors changed as well.  So based on that rambling are my colours correct and should I be hunting for a blue/black interior?

Cheers

Nige

FC225 (in progress), FB215 (waiting), EJ229A (go'er)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 10:04:12 PM »

Nige,

What you've said about the colours of the car appears spot-on. And your description of style 2 is exactly right - there's a small piece of stainless across the width of the C pillar to separate the colours.

The second half of the trim number refers to the interior colours, and 630 = Viscount Blue & Black.

The switch to style 3 for Melbourne manufactured cars occurred in June 1959, at body no 22271-M. (Second time I've written that today!) There's no way your car could be as late as August, 8000 Melbourne-made FC-225s before the change-over.

More like April, I would think.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
59fcholden
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:22:03 AM »

Hi,
This is the same colour sheme as mine, with the small stainless piece on the c pillar. I havent seen many cars around with this, none in the flesh. Is this style uncommon ?
Ken
nige and Jody

Where do I start?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »

Ken (59fcholden)

Nah, I don't think it's uncommon, I have seen plenty of pics on the forum of series two cars.  There is a couple of pics on the forum from a Phillip Island trip that appears to be the same colour combo as mine, ie India Ivory and Fountain Blue looks great from the rear with the blue boot and the white sides just visible.

Thanks RET for the confirmation.

Hey while I think of it the Army Museum at Bandiana is restoring their FC standard staff car (the one with the FE bonnet) and I am donating my time and some bits to give them a hand.  It's that dark green colour with the saddle brown interior.  I guess Robin or Ken Mc would know whether it would have had a brown floor mat or the black, and if it had the black what colour speckle would it have?

Cheers

Nige

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »

Black mat - no speckle. 

Comment of the day:-

Only specials had speckles Shocked

Ken

ps - colour is Deep Bronze green and Cordon Brown interior
nige and Jody

Where do I start?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »

Thanks Ken,

I will pass on your expertise to the guys at the museum.  I will also point them towards this site.

Nige

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »

I passed on all this info to the Major at the museum and offered help with parts and advice but no interest shown

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: