FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 06, 2024, 08:28:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rares  (Read 2903 times)
jasonr70002

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2009, 01:25:19 PM »

Just ordered my inner sill and drivers floor pan from rares today and hoping the items are better than all the bad feedback they receive.   Fingers crossed. Also gonna order an outer sill from Craig Vayne as they are $88.00 as compared to $168.00 and the Vayne ones are hand made and rares are just punched out which seems like it should be the other way round and yes my end piece in my car is good so I don't need the rares one.
cheers Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
cam58tiger
qld-club

Model: FE

Cam Sargent
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:26:29 PM »

I bought left & right outer sills from Gav at Retro Rods 2 weeks ago.
The profile is as per original.

Gav told me he has a section of original sill that he checks against units as he makes them up, to be sure to be sure (Irish accent, mine, not Gav's)

I'm very happy with them, I think they were around $77ea and the postage from Tiaro to Toowoomba was minimal.
Cam

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:50:29 PM »

Has anyone got hold of one of the most recent sills from Rares? Les said they had new dies made up.

jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 10:42:33 AM »

I would buy the rares sills but they are more than double the price of other sills available, If they want to be competitive then they should be a little more serious about it and start to drastically reduce their prices or people like Retro Rods and Craig Vayne will swallow them up on rust replacement panels and as I can see their inventory at retro and rust a problem is getting bigger all the time and including rear quarters and the like. I do apologize to any rares devotees but it is purely economics and the feedback from Retro and Craig is 100% positive as apposed to the severe negatives posted in this forum. Maybe if we talk to rares they will consider competing with them but until they do I guess more and more people will be switching to other sources due to affordability and according to some quality.
Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
greyone

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 06:32:17 PM »

jason I used a small section of craigs sills on the rh but being only a section my panelbeater had to rework it as it was to big overall and didn,t look right on the left I used a nos only way to go if you can get one
regards mal
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 07:05:52 PM »

I would love a N.O.S. but like you said very hard to find.

Golden Holdens FE-FC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: