FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:05:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HZ Wiring  (Read 4790 times)
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2008, 10:39:40 AM »

Hi all,
        I am running a HZ wiring harness in my FE Van and also a STD FE steering column, with STD indicator mechanism.  Would anyone out there know how to connect the HZ wiring to the FE indicator wiring.  Has anyone else been down this road?

Thanks

Michael
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »

It's fairly straight forward, use the FE wiring diagram in the workshop manual where just the indicators are discussed and follow the HZ colour codes for front and rear loom.

Ken
cruiser056
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 07:15:57 AM »

Thanks Ken,  I thought it would have been more complicated than that. That is one expected headache out of the way.

Thanks again

Michael
bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »

I'm only working from memory here but if l remember correctly because HZ has the wiper controls on the blinker stalk as well the wiring harness should have 2 black flat connectors about 75mm long with about 12 terminals on each of them. The column wiring connects to these in std. form. The column also has ignition,wiper,washer,hi/lo beam,hi beam flash etc. etc. which is why theres so many terminals.   Daz.

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 10:48:26 PM »

That's correct Daz, you need to delete the 2 column connectors from the HZ loom and connect the various wires to your instrument panel switches. The wiper wiring will be different, but all other things such as headlights and indicators should be OK providing you have a HZ manual to identify the correct wire colours.

Ken
cruiser056
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 06:12:56 AM »

Thanks guys for the info!  I am moving slowly but still forward with the wiring, just want to make sure I am doing it right.  Not too difficult, as long as I just work on one item at a time.

Thanks again

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: