FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 03:13:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic Distibutors  (Read 4659 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2007, 10:48:59 AM »

I am about to fit one to my v8 chev ute and I know it will make a big impact on the mileage.

Anyone fit one to a grey motor and can tell me how it worked out? What brand? Costs?

Thanks.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 11:11:23 AM »

ask customfc or john rapinette about the one on there grey powered FC drag car.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:23:25 AM »

John & Alex do indeed have a custom made EI dissy in the drag car that IIRC has an XE Falcon top mated to the Holden drive shaft. They would be able to give you the contacts to obtain one of these, and an idea of cost.

The other option is a Crane Cams Fireball kit, which I've got in my red-powered FE. I'm aware of another member who has successfully fitted it to a grey, and is very happy with the performance. The only thing you need to do to make it fit the grey dissy is remove the internal post that locates the old points, as it fouls the optical disc. (The diameter of a grey dissy is a fair bit smaller than the red one.)

There's also a high performance version. Basic version is about AU$160, hi-po $250.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: