FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 08:51:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rustbullet  (Read 3798 times)
DavesFCwagon

I can't afford this!

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2007, 10:50:15 PM »

I have just had my car blasted and was looking for an undercoat when I came across this product http://www.rustbullet.com/ . I would be interested to know if anybody has used this product and if so what were the results.
Cheers
Dave
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 09:57:09 AM »

Hi Dave,
                 Although I have not used any rust preventative paint as yet I have been investigating this product. http://www.ppc.au.com   (por15)   Very expensive stuff though and the metal preparation must be spot on.

It is very difficult to decide which one to use as the manufacturer is trying to sell their product to you and of course will say it the best thing since sliced bread. ( They sent me a restorers catalogue for free, fill in the details on the site and it came in the post)

Have been doing web searches for por15 and it shows a lot of restorers and old cars, vintage stuff and things like old landrovers being done so I suppose that is good enough for me.

On the ppc site there are real world tests of painted products. Look in the PDF files, it looks like good stuff but it will take you to make up your own mind from both reading about the product and seeing what other people in the same boat are using.

What are people here inclined to use?

Cheers   Michael

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 12:58:57 PM »

Just had a good look around the rustbullet website, they only have the one colour and it is silver (it can be topcotaed though) and the closest distributor is in New Zealand.

Yes it probably is a fantastic product but no good if you have to import it from New Zealand. Shocked

The por15 is basically available everywhere, luckily there is one in my suburb Smiley

Cheers   Michael

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
DavesFCwagon

I can't afford this!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 07:16:41 AM »

Hi Micheal,
Thanks for the input, I have contacted the guy in New Zealand regarding cost and delivery and will let you know what I find out. I'm guessing this stuffs not cheap but if you believe the website it's a very easy application saving a lot of time and effort.
Cheers
Dave
DavesFCwagon

I can't afford this!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 08:49:49 PM »

It turns out that Rustbullet is available in Oz (http://www.rustbullet.com.au), not cheap thou 1/4 pint (118ml) $15.25, 1 pint (473ml) $45.50, 1 quart (946ml) $78.50 and 1 gallon (3.785l) $249.00. I might try a small quantity and see how it goes on, will let you know.
Cheers
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: