FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:55:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lanspeed gear on ebay  (Read 4418 times)
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2007, 09:07:41 PM »

Here are a couple of treats for you Lanspeed enthusiasts!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rare-Grey-Holden-Lanspeed-Headers-Match-with-Carbies_W0QQitemZ260158052147QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32058QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Grey-motor-Twin-carby-set-Original-boxed-set-Rare_W0QQitemZ260158050978QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32058QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Happy bidding,  Mike.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:49:10 AM »

Mike
Will not be cheap any more. What I hate is that you can no longer see who your bidding against. Whats the go with that anyway.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:17:59 PM »

No idea Jim.   I have often wondered who the heck Bidder 1 was.  Thought he/she must have been a diehard old car enthusiast as he was buying up everything.  Now realise it is just what it says, the first bidder.   Bugger really.  If one of your forum mates is having a go for something, you might want to lay off, but then again you could stick it up a bit too!   Grin.   Maybe someone else know why.   Cheers, Mike.
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:12:55 PM »

I think that came about to stop certain A holes pretending to be the original seller and offering a second chance bid to the unsuccessful bidder to now buy the particular item. Smiley

They would offer some excuse like "the winning bidder could not pay so now do you want it? If so send the money to this account.........."      Never to see your cash again. Angry

I think once bids hit $200 (or is it $250) the bidders become anonymous.

Does not it from happening at cheaper prices though, just that these A holes would have to do it lots more to earn a buck (more like earn a bullet to the head)

Regards    Michael

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 08:12:23 PM »

Angry >:(I hate it when you miss the end of an aution, shit I could have had both items heading my way. Angry Sad Roll Eyes

Well I suppose I save some money in the short term.

Cheers Jim

tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »

Sorry Jim
             Scored the carbys Grin I was too slow on the headers Sad I normally let things like that go as soon as the bids go ballistic but not this time I was pretty close to my limit though. I like Mike wondered who Bidder one is thinking it was someone who was really loaded and liked old cars until my other half pointed out otherwise.
The same seller told me he is putting a set of "Jack Myers" headers on there this week so good luck [I am not chasing them].

Cheers Tommo 
TAYZ
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 08:14:59 PM »

I have cursed bidder 1 so many times......................didnt think he'd buy all the old stuff up over australia, but I still cannot post pics on the web, you would wonder how any one could employ me Shocked Shocked
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 09:37:36 PM »

Hi Tommo
No need to be sorry, its the wife that needs t appolagies she made me go out. Then I forgot about it untill I started the drive home.

I am sure I know the identity of bidder 1, atleast for those two auctions any way. I already have a set of Jack Myer Headers fitted to my car, so will not be chase those unless they sell for a reasonable price.

Cheers Jim

tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 09:56:44 PM »

No Worries Jim
                   I received an email from the seller tonight it looks like more rare stuff will be listed soon.I am in limbo until I get the FC regod anyway! just waiting on a speedo cable to arrive.

Cheers Tommo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: