FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:30:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: mags size  (Read 2559 times)
paddyfc58

Model: FC

I wanna go fast

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:26:43 PM »

hi, chasing some info on what size mags i can put on my ute currently fc front end but will be putting hr front end on. will it be possible to put 14 x 7's on. any help appreciated.

paddy
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 10:50:35 PM »

You might be struggling with sevens, mine runs six inch indy's with a HR front and there is not much room , but she is lowered two inches at the front.
                                                      Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
paddyfc58

I wanna go fast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:34:24 AM »

thanks for reply rusty, paddy.
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 10:08:09 PM »

Paddy....I'm also running a HR Disc Front End, which has been lowered about 2 inches.   The Rear are Standard FC Springs also lowered about 1.5 Inches.

I'm runnng 14x7 " Dragway Indys, with a Torana Back Spacing, which makes it bloody tight.

To over come the fitting issues, I had the inner hubs of the Rims machined out about 6mm, which makes the wheels sit in further away from the guards.

I also trimmed the guard lips by about 2mm, but not too close to the pinch welds.

Then I fitted a 65 series 195 tyre, which fits the rim, but doesn't bulge over so as to avoid hitting the guards.

So, by salvaging 8mm in track and using sensible tyres, I have managed to fit 14 x 7's with a real deep dish ( Torana offset )...nothing hits any arms or guards ect....very happy.

For those rolling their eyes about lathing off 6mm form the inner hub....I first rang the Engineers at Dragway and asked their advice.

These wheels in particular have a fair amount of meat in the central hub area, and 6mm can be shaved quite safely.
I could have sent the wheels back to Dragway for them to do themselves ( from the factory so to speak ), but found a WA agent and a local guy who did the same machining for a fraction of the price.

Good luck

Mark
paddyfc58

I wanna go fast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 07:28:59 AM »

thanks mark heaps of ideas to help me. was thinking of getting same style as you mention, decided to checkout dragways site and found aset i like(deep dish is there name) not sure how they would look on the ute but i think they would look pretty good. anyway thanks again

paddy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: