FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:49:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fc van rear seat is this factory???  (Read 3871 times)
fc_clint_nz

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2006, 12:20:47 AM »

Could someone please tell me if this is so, i have found one here in NZ it looks like it could fit in my van. Regards Clint
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:03:05 AM »

No not factory, but van has the same rear floor as wagon, hence wagon rear seats will fit straight into vans.  The van even has the pressing in the rear body where the rear seat upper catch is located.

Ken
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 05:40:29 AM »

There was a fairly recent post regarding rear seats in vans and I'm sure RET said that vans were often fitted with rear seats and sliding windows as an option because it was cheaper than buying a wagon??
crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 11:57:33 AM »

G'DAY ALL.... I ONCE OWNED A FC VAN WITH SLIDING REAR WINDOWS,A REALLY PRIMATIVE STYLE 2 PIECE BACK SEAT,NOT A WAGON SEAT,AND A FRONT SEAT THAT TILTED FOWARD!YUK NO SEAT BELTS,NO SAFTEY.THIS CAR WAS A GENUINE 1 OWNER CAR ,I BOUGHT IT FROM HIM.... WHEN HE GOT THE CAR HE WAS A REP/REPAIRER FOR THE NEW VICTA LAWN MOWING COMPANY AND WOULD TRAVEL AND TAKE VICTAS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY IN THIS FC,SO IT DONE HEEPS OF MILES.....I STILL HAVE ITS ORIGINAL STERRING WHEEL THAT IN ONE AREA HAS BEEN WORN SMOOTH TO THE STEEL RIM!!!!!!
THE CAR WAS PURCHASED AND ORDERED WITH THIS CONVERSION,DONE BY CANOPY INDUSTRIES OR CONVERSIONS? AND DELIVERD TO HIM. AND YES AT THE TIME HE HAD A YOUNG FAMILY.......I UNFORTUNATLY SOLD THIS CAR,ABOUT 8YRS AGO TO BUY A BRITE YELLOW 308 HZ WAGON....I MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY SIC OR JUST STUPID Roll Eyes AND I REALLY HOPE THIS CAR SURVIVES TODAY...... I SOLD IT REGISTERED TO A YOUNG GUY WHO WAS GOING TO HOT IT UP..ITS NSW REGO NO WAS BRY 221 ,GREY WITH WHITE ROOF,RED TRIM,AND A STANDARD MODEL,NO CHROME HEADLITE RIMS /BLINKERS........  I ONLY HAVE PHOTOS OF THE CAR BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS CAR BACK IF IT STILL SURVIVES...
YEP I USED TO CRUZE IN MY FC VAN.......................G

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:11:20 AM »

Clint.
     I think that most if not all of the conversions were done aftermarket by coach builders or similar.so it's unlikely that it's a "factory"job. My van has a folding rectangular "dicky "seat that is in two parts hinged together and sits flush with the cargo space floor when not in use.It is trimed and piped to match the front seat but is slightly diferent in colour and pattern, so it's unlikely factory . The front side to side floor support has been cut and moved back and this is what the dicky seat attatches to. The van also had  sliding windows where the rear doors would be and rear wagon windows fitted on both sides. The sliding windows have stickers on them that say { MFG BY DENNING & CO BRIS } so it could be that Denning  who were coach builders did the whole conversion here in Brisbane as the car came from Toowoomba which is west of here.The front bench seat is standard and can't be tilted.
  It would be possible to fit a wagon rear seat to a van but you need to remove the vertical panel attatched to the floor behind the front seat and also some of the cargo floor forward of the wheel arches. Then fabricate something to finnish of and support the remaining cargo floor. Also drill holes in the pressing to fit seat catchs.
     Brad.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:15:56 AM by BRAD » Logged

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
fc_clint_nz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 03:15:43 AM »

Thank you all for your help, Brad this seat sounds the same as yours as this one came out of a fe van with side windows. I will try and adapt this to fit mine although no one can see out the sides Grin Regard Clint
Brad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 06:24:17 AM »

Clint.
     If you're keen to fit the seat I can send you some pics of my seat out of the van and in position open and closed. Also pic's of the mod's you will need to make to the floor area. It's a simple conversion if you have the same type of seat.
Keep in mind that there are no restraining devices for this type of seat and if nobody is sitting in it ,when braking it will fall forward. Also I can't see how you would fit seat belts to suit this seat , so you may be breaking you're local laws if you fit it and have somebody sitting in it on the road.
In any case it makes for easy access to a new "hidden" storage area behind the front seat once fitted  Wink
 Send me a PM if you want more info and pic's.
                         Brad.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:36:48 AM by BRAD » Logged

BOVAFC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 07:21:05 AM »

Brad i would love to see these pics too if possible.We have a new FC Lover arriving in about 5 months and after the capsule stage will be in need of something, unless I leave the wife at home for any cruisin  Wink
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 09:25:41 AM »

my vanhas the hinges all ready there when i bought it so im putting a station wagon bench seat in . seat belts are easy fc v8 used xd ford retractbles pretty easy job from what im told

cheers fatboy

fatboy
Brad

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:39 AM »

Here are some pics of the seat as requested

This is how the seat would look when not in use. The three hinges at the rear are fixed to the floor support which is cut and moved back. The plywood backing on seat becomes the cargo floor.

This pic shows the seat flipped back 180 degrees, it would now be sitting between the wheel arches.

How it would look in use, not very big and I would think bloody uncomfortable.

Heres a pic for Clint so he can see how the first floor support is cut and moved back.

I don't think that it would be good for a baby capsule as there's no way to lock the seat in place.
Ian
I can't see how a standard wagon seat will fit in a van ,unless someone's run amok in there with a gas axe.It would be interesting to see a photo of the inside of your van.
                 Brad.

fc_clint_nz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 06:58:32 AM »

Thanks Brad i will take a look when photo bucket is working again. Cheers Clint
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: