FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 06:20:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Wagon  (Read 12702 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 08:10:45 AM »

Zulu, Chris's car is the same colour as yours - Cuban Beige.
Very rare colour on sedans - seems to be a common colour on the common FE229  Grin

Ken
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 08:25:05 AM »

Hi.
There is an FE sedan in that colour that I found in the backyard of a house just down the road from me. I didn't reallise it was so rare. First thing I thought, was "This is the same colour as Richards wagon". It has been sitting for years. The house is owned by someone in Melb, but it is empty most of the time. I only saw it because I parked out the front & a tradesman was there doing some work for the owner. Had the side gate open & there she was. I didn't get the numbers, because I didn't have a pen, but it has a few nice accessories, including a full Nasco heater with the demister vents. Car is shagged, full of rust from sitting there for ages.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 08:49:07 AM »

Welcome to the FE Wagon owners club, she looks in top condition with little to restore. Good luck with her and hope to meet you soon to discuss your method to restore her.
                         Cheers Scott
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 12:32:17 PM »

Ken is, ofcourse, correct.
Colour is single tone "Cuban Beige"
Trim is "Sheath Brown" and "Sandalwood Beige".
Car was 4,826th FE 229 manufactured in Adelaide and the 8,607th FE (in any style) assembled in Perth, sometime in 1958. Have not found the original engine no. yet to nail down the actual month.
I would have added some more shots, but I only know how to attach the one image file Embarrassed

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2025?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2025?
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 08:45:51 PM »

Rabbitoh.
Are you coming down to pick her up? You need a lift from the airport or anything, let me know. I can zip down in the EH or the FC wagon. I can take you straight there.
Hobart is BLOODY cold these last couple of days, down from a balmy 19c high evening temp on Monday & Tuesday.
Let me know if you need some help with transport.
Rob J

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 08:57:19 PM »

Rabbitoh,

nice wagon.. amazing to see there are still such great examples out there.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 08:58:25 PM »

My FE sedan is russet brown over cuban beige.  Its plate is:
FE-225-29650-S
Trim: 206-718
Paint: 253-7455
I've always believed it was built in 1958, but the original engine is long gone, so that doesn't help.  Its original NSW rego plates were BMM 798.
The colour doesn't look the same as in Rabbitoh's new wagon, but I suspect that is a function of light and it being a photo.  The interior colour scheme is the same as on mine.
It looks a lovely car Rabbitoh.  How does a Rabbitoh come to be so far from South Sydney anyway?  I'm also a Souths exile in Canberra.
Cheers,
David

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 10:48:12 PM »

Ridgey Didge,

The first digit of the chassis number will tell you the year it was assembled.  It will look like this: N-nnnnn-X where N is 6, 7 or 8 (corresponding to 1956,7,8).

The original rego is a bit unreliable, because plates were sent in sizeable batches to DMT offices.  As they ran low, a new lot would be ordered.  Branches in Sydney turned them over a lot quicker than out in the boonies.  Even so, BM... is probably '58.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2005, 11:13:36 PM »

Thanks 4Hammers for the very generous offers, but you are a bit late- we got her home last Sunday. Richard, (previous owner) took me by your work on Sat. morning to see if your wagon was there, but no luck. Next time you are in Melb. I would like to buy you a sherbert or three for giving me the tip-off in the first place.

David, while I’m Melbourne born/bred (mad St Kilda fan), I spent 18 years in Canberra and got the Bunnies bug as a tacker -no cure available (bit like mixo).

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2025?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2025?
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 12:00:37 AM »

Right!
Teach me not to look at the dates of posts! I thought it was THIS week you were going to pick her up. Wish I had been at work, but I am on nights on the weekends & don't start to 4. Next time maybe.
Hope Richard shouted you a coffee at Zum. Damn good coffee it is!

Regards,
Rob J

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: