FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 24, 2024, 01:29:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 307into fc rack steering  (Read 1688 times)
minifcvan
« on: August 30, 2005, 11:45:07 AM »

hi all i wanted to put a rear rack and pinoin set up in my van but was told i only can put a front rack set up in it has anyone got one set up with a v8 GOING on the road who could give me some advice or am i better off going the old MUSCLEcar type where you need all your muscles to steer it lol thanks mark Grin Grin
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 09:19:52 PM »

Mark
        You can use a rear mount rack & pinion setup with your conversion these are avaliable from Rods racks in QLD I think it is a commordore type rack. He also modifies your steering column to suit this conversion.
      I am use the front mounted rack & pinion from CRS its the shortened LH torana one in my wagon. I have heard heaps of people bag out this front mounted rack but in the 2 months my car has been on the road I have found it to be pretty good, easy to steer even the wife has not complained that its to heavy to steer, the steering circle is not the best granted but it goes around the sharpest round abouts. The only problem is doing u turns so instead you do a 3 point turn big deal!
Glenn
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 09:30:13 PM by GLENN » Logged

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: