FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:23:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rust Proofing Update  (Read 1181 times)
Theo

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2005, 07:43:54 AM »

I raised the issue of what to do with the bitumous rust proofing on my FE some time ago and got some good advise. There is no doubt in my mind that ALL of it must be removed. I have found some rust, not much mind, but enough to question the integrity of the bitumous paint coating for over 45 years. The "cleanest" method I have found is to scrape of as much as possible using a heat gun to reduce its adhesion to the paint underneath. Heat it too much and it doesn't come off as clean, it gets too tacky. Thanks for all the pointers guys. I'll try and get some pics up when I sort out how. Anyway its just an empty shell now so there is not much to show. For those interested the compliance plate details are:
FE 215-5008-A
Trim No 157-675
Paint No 266-7471
A real "plain jane"
Cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: