FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 08, 2024, 03:35:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: More id tags  (Read 10773 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 08:29:55 AM »

Great stuff Blacky - did you happen to get the chassis number out of the FE

Regards  Ken
blacky

Model: other Holden

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 08:42:01 AM »

Yes , I wrote it down but cant find it , will pm you when i get it .

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2005, 09:20:57 AM »

Hey Blacky...
Excellent pics...! You don't come across anything like that much these days like Gary says.... That site Smorgon Steel site highlighted by Craig is even more of a worry!!! :-/

I always used to blame that Clean Up Australia mob for removing all the old car bodies. You'd see them on the news all going to scrap every year.

The bit that gets me, I used to live in the country, in a town called Canowindra - a town which recently became known as the place where the oldest known registered Holden in Australia is. I lived there for nearly 8 years when I was younger and imagine there was plenty of old Holdens about, but was too young to even notice them. What a wasted opportunity eh...?! I wasn't bitten by the Holden bug until I was mid-way through high school in the city.

Now I love to see 'em, and they're all gone......! Whenever I head out west I almost spend more time looking in paddocks and around the back of sheds while driving instead of watching the road, and there's nothing left..... no rusty shells, no nothing.... all gone.... and it will only get worse!

Great pics though....!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Cheers
Les... Wink

blacky

Model: other Holden

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005, 07:14:21 AM »

Found the missing number today , it is 7-4725P .

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2005, 10:03:22 AM »

I've got to agree with CraigA and Les about the Great Scrap Round Up.  I had a look at their FAQ section and found that it was terribly vague when it came to "significant" scrap.  It has so many similarities to the end of both World Wars when aircraft, ships, machinery etc was deemed obsolete/unecessary and was either melted down or pushed off a boat into the sea.  I've  heared of many stories about these enthusiasts trying to rebuild aircraft, spitfires, whatever and not having the parts etc for their projects.

I've sent an email (below) to their address.  I'll let you know what the response is.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have recently read your website regarding the Smorgan Steel Great Scrap Round-Up.  Whilst your initiative is commendable I have a number of concerns that I would like to raise, in particular the identification of car bodies as examples of scrap.

As a motoring enthusiast with a passion for veteran, vintage and later model vehicles I am dismayed at the prospect of these being carted off and melted down for the sake of a few dollars and "cleaning" up the landscape .    Old car bodies lying around may seem as scrap for most people but for enthusiasts like myself they are actually valuable sources of projects suitable for rebuilding or restoration or sources of parts that are no longer in production.  These car bodies and associated parts are a finite resource - once they're gone thats it.

There is a burgeoning movement whether it be purist veteran car owners, hot-rodders, old Holden and Ford lovers etc that is continuing to grow.  These enthusiasts are on the constant look-out for car bodies and parts.  It would be a shame and a terrible loss if our aims and activities to keep our motoring history alive is hampered due to effects of the "Great Scrap Round-Up".

Could you please advise as you have stated in your FAQ section:

Who and how you will it be decided if something is considered as "significnt scrap"?

Provide the names of the historical groups that will be notified if a significant piece of scrap is found?

What motoring groups/enthusiasts are you contacting should a 'significant piece'of motoring scrap is found?

I am sure there are many other motoring enthusiasts that share my concerns. Thank you for reading my email and I look forward to your early response.

Yours sincerely,

Stewart Watters
FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: