FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:56:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc vans  (Read 2337 times)
minifcvan
« on: May 24, 2005, 10:57:53 PM »

hi could anyone tell me how many fc vans were built?? and does anyone know how many are registered today thanks mark :-/
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 11:21:40 PM »

I'm not aware of anyone having a definitive number, although Ken's long term research can probably provide a pretty good estimate.  The old DMR (FE/FC contemporary of NSW RTA) used to publish new registrations by vehicle type and make, but this was only for NSW. I don't know if equivalent information exists from other states.

As far as current registrations are concerned, you'd need to source this from RTA, VicRoads, DoT Qld etc etc.  Whilst each of these state instrumentalities would no doubt be able to produce such statistics, getting them would be another thing...

cheers
RET

PS - I deleted your cross-post, if you're wondering.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 04:46:59 AM »

When I was building my van, Ken had told me that there were about 13 FE Vans on the road in OZ and about 85 FC Vans.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
minifcvan
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 09:44:09 AM »

thanks for your help.. mark p.s what are cross posts?? havnt been useing a computer very long still learning cheers Smiley
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 10:59:53 AM »

Cross-posting is putting the same post (be it a question, ad or whatever) up several times on different boards.  It's generally not good 'netiquette'.  Anyway, this site is not so big that questions get lost.  There's a pretty good culture here.

I'm amazed by the ratio of FEs to FCs.  I know FE vans are pretty rare these days, but still...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 10:42:02 AM »

I still stand by that low number of FE vans, even now I still dont have records of 15 "on the road" vans.  I have details of about 18 which could potentially one day make the road - some are a long way off.  A number of others were in wrecking yards.  Cooma, Peak Hill and the Barossa to name a few - Whilst some of these may possibly be restored - it is unlikely.

Ken
minifcvan
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 09:50:38 PM »

thanks ret i tought i deleted it but didnt .sorry..thanks mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: