FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 01:35:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pannels - Fiberglass or steel?  (Read 1578 times)
navy_speed_shop

I cant wait for Guru status!

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2005, 03:29:19 AM »

okay, looking at picking up some pannels to get the ute project under way, now fiberglass or steel? i know that the fiberglass arent perfrect and alot of work needs to be done to hang them, keep the paint the same as other pannels. but no rust... suppose the other down side is that i cant put my "classic not plastic" sticker on.. Cry
any one have much experience with the fiber pannels?

living has taught me to think, but thinking has not taught me to live.
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 04:19:45 AM »

Be very wary of fibreglass panels as the finish can be very dodogy and while there is no rust they can make your project look very average. The original steel panels are as you say prone to rust but if they are prepared and painted properly and the car looked after well and preferably fish oiled you will have minimal rust issues. Also keep in mind that modern 2 pak paints are very good in preserving the panels and helping to prevent rust if applied and prepared well.

Brett Gillard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: