FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:51:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Waggott  (Read 3802 times)
navy_speed_shop

I cant wait for Guru status!

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2005, 04:32:29 AM »

Hey guy's
does anyone have any background info on waggot? i.e what was the company about, where were they setup, who ran it etc...
main reason im asking is beacuse i cant find any info on the company.
cheers

living has taught me to think, but thinking has not taught me to live.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 05:57:45 AM »

I have read/been told that the W.E.Y grey motor rocker covers you sometimes see were made by "Waggott Engineering Yagoona".  I cannot be sure of the veracity of this, though.

There is still a Waggott Engineering company, based in Alstonville:

Waggott Engineering
4 Hugh Street
Alstonville, NSW 2477
engine reconditioning camshaft grinding performance modification

waggottcams@turboweb.net.au
http://www.skybiz.com/waggottengineering/waggottengineering

Phone: 02 66283795
Fax: 02 66281620
Mobile:

The website is 404, dunno about the email address, but it might be worth a phone call if you're really keen to research.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 10:55:29 AM »

As far as I know Merv Waggot was set up in greenacre wich is pretty much were yagoona is, he got into some pretty serious stuff, I have a book with a article on a FJ he was involved with that was going to be driven be jack meyers, it was a 3 ltr twin cam 7 bearing crank grey motor. Merv designed most of the stuff on the motor.
I also know rare spares were a agent for Waggot cams a few years ago, not sure about now but.

sabotaj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 12:00:45 AM »

thanks for the help guys. i picked up a waggot twin carby manifold a few years back, and just satrted to put it together, its really well made with the linkages being made out of alloy, not the dodgey speco items that you get from rares.
might try to get in touch with the guys out there and see if they know anything about it.
thanks again!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: