FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:55:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: O/T UPMART (more like AFAHMASP)  (Read 2059 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2004, 04:04:49 AM »

Don't know if you've seen this nutter alert in the press today:

SM-Herald
The Age

about people paying $500 for "lifetime registration" of their vehicle to a fringe circus called UPMART.  One of their spokespeople is currently contesting a driving unregistered charge in court, for which I wish him the best of luck.

They believe that they can offer "Common Law Vehicle Registration", amongst other things like Common Law Licenses and Common Law Marriages.  However, they also believe in stopping the flouridation of water and are against the microchipping of babies, which they say happens in the UK, so I'd be taking it all with a grain of salt.

From The Age's article:

VicRoads says several people have been fined for displaying the plates and have fought unsuccessful court actions.
"There is no provision for common law vehicle registration in the Road Safety Act," said VicRoads General Manager Geoff Shanks.

Given that they also believe in self-representation in court, I wouldn't be putting any money on a win or a place in that one.

Getting busted for driving an unregistered car is one thing, but heaven help anyone stupid enough to buy into UPMART's lifetime rego scam that has an accident.  I can see the arse getting sued off the UPMART gang before very long.

Check out their website too, which should confirm for you once and for all that they are not living in our reality...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 04:06:18 AM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 02:38:51 PM »

Did you know that a UPMART Car Rally for Human Rights was held on 25 October 2005?

As Ret says,they're aninteresting bunch.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: