FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 03, 2024, 12:24:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: converting original box to all sincro  (Read 1987 times)
greyside

life is good,old holdens also

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2004, 05:04:25 PM »

years ago a mate had a speedway fe.

he claimed he got the original converted to all sincro.

am i mad ,was he pulling my leg?
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 10:01:24 PM »

well ive bolted up a red motor to grey gearbox so i assume you could do reverse with just a few mods like tailshaft,crossmember and mounts,

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 12:58:17 AM »

Nicko,

Actually, no you have to modify floor to fit later model all-syncro boxes.  This is one of the reasons why a mild red / grey crashbox conversion is so popular.

In any case what greyside was asking was if anyone had ever heard of modifying a grey crashbox internally to be all-syncro.  Instinct tells me it's probably unlikely, but that's not to say it's impossible.  It would just be almost certainly more trouble than it's worth.  Any racer worth his stripes knows how to double-declutch (if he even uses the clutch in the first place!).  The ingenuity and engineering involved in fitting syncro rings etc to a first gear that previously didn't have them sounds like way too much trouble to go to, but it's not my area of expertise, so I'm not going out on a limb...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: