FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 05:29:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Gauges  (Read 2408 times)
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2004, 02:06:38 AM »

Can anyone suggest a supplier for those mini style gauges which are around 1 1/8" diameter. I want to fit them where there's limited space and have seen both "Moon" brand and some el cheapo Taiwanese. I want something that's quality so the Taiwanese ones are out of the picture.
Trouble is I can't find a Moon distributor and no one seems to have a listing for any other brands.
Any help will be really appreciated.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
craiga
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 02:15:31 AM »

The power of the search engine  Cool

Try here http://www.kustoms.com.au/catalogue/gauges.html

$850.00   Shocked Shocked Shocked You could almost buy a set of Wilsonia Gauges for that!!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 02:17:26 AM by craiga » Logged
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 05:33:39 AM »

Gaugeworks in SA should be able to help out, they stock Autometer, VDO, Smiths and others. Their website is off-line at the moment but give them a call on (08) 8445 6644 or (08) 8347 0506

Rodtech in SA do Moon gear too, http://www.rodtech.com.au
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 05:41:09 AM by stinky » Logged

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 05:57:22 AM »

Thinking about guages.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a digital readout guage, that can take readings from the standard engine sender units.
I would like some guage(s) for checking that things are ok and then for general driving not see them.
The digital guage could be selected onto any one reading or cycle through: water temp; oil pressure/oil temp; engine rpm; volts; ammeter etc etc.

(bewildered)  Geoff_K
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 09:05:28 AM »

Geoff,

Check out the hot rod suppliers.  They make all sorts of interesting digital equipment.  I'd be surprised if they didn't work with all the things you want to measure except oil pressure, since all the others are measured electrically.  (Not sure about oil-temp, but presume measured like water temp).

If you can't find them on the net directly check out the hot rod magazines - there are heaps of ads for that sort of thing.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: