FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:49:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Posting Pic Problem  (Read 1666 times)
sgo

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2004, 07:29:52 PM »

When using the photobucket URL such as
http://img54.photobucket.com/albums/v164/sgomachen/CAR%20PICS/fc_wag_redback.jpg
you can link to the pic.
But if i use the same URL in the "insert image" button to post an image, it doesn't come up in the post .

Anyone got any ideas?

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 10:53:39 PM »

First up get the picture in a window by itself, then copy the URL that appears in the IE Address Bar. Then, when you do the image thing make sure you replace %20 with a proper space. That's how I did it anyway.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 10:59:58 PM by stinky » Logged

sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 02:33:01 AM »

I never would have guessed that!
Thanks for that, it does work.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:34:28 AM »

Stinky.
You little ripper.
I have opened a photobucket but was very disappointed that I could not post the pics here. They worked everywhere else, but not here. Your tip means I don't need to use Starphoto.
Many many thanks.
Regards
Alex

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 10:38:27 PM »

Generally speaking, if you can avoid using spaces in file names you will make your life easier, because URLs should be a string of characters without spaces in them.

Also, there seems to be a bug in YaBB that I haven't quite figured out that causes image names with more than one hyphen in them to not display properly.  Maybe it has a similar conniption over embedded spaces.  In any case, if you can stick to a naming convention like this: "MyGreatFCPic.jpg" (with no spaces, or other punctuation marks) you shouldn't go too far wrong.

<trivia>
On the off-chance you're interested %20 means space because otherwise unprintable characters in URLs are shown as %nn, where nn is the hexadecimal (base-16) number of that character.  Space is decimal (ASCII) character number 32, which is 20 in hex.
</trivia>

cheers
%52%45%54 Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: