FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 06, 2024, 05:23:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wilsonia Guage  (Read 2758 times)
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2004, 04:05:26 AM »

G'day all,
              I am looking at purchasing a Wilsonia guage with original oil line and instructions.  The fitting instructions tell of an adapter to the original oil light sender unit.  Does anyone out there have an original set up on their cars, and if so any help with the above mentioned adapter.

Thanks

Michael
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 08:14:47 AM »

The adaptor is the same as the one used for the oil filter.
Make sure if you are going to use the original copper line that you use a short piece of flexible hose near the engine.  The original Wilsonia guage kit had a short braided hose like the fuel hose which went into the adaptor then into the copper line.

Ken
cruiser056
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 04:55:03 PM »

Ken,
       Many thanks, the original braided line is included but where the braided line is to be fitted to the engine side it is a female connection.  I thought the fitting from the engine for the oil filter had a female connection also.

Am i reight or wrong?  Also  do you know where i might be able to obtain one of the fittings for the oil filter/ wilsonia guage?

Once again, many thanks

Michael
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 11:29:45 PM »

The braided line you have is not original, but as long as thread size is the same, ie a NPT 3/8 thread then I have probably got a male / male adaptor to make it fit as well as an original oil filter adaptor.  I will have a look through my stuff.

Regards  Ken
cruiser056
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 06:31:43 AM »

Thanks Ken,  let me know if you find them and how much, I'll send you some money or direct deposit.  What's best for you.

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: