FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 08:23:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: COFFEE ANYONE?  (Read 1939 times)
andykotzur

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2004, 10:42:21 AM »

Has anyone got a neat idea on what to do with the coffee pot  (gear change leaver pot thing) , after you take out  the gear leaver.
I heard you could bog it up , or mount a tacho off it.
If you have a good ,or successful idea , Please let us know.
thanks
Andy
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 11:08:58 AM »

I have seen plenty of successfully filled honey pots
Cut/grind the shifter mount section off then fill with fibreglass, sand and paint.  I think if you were going to mount a tacho off it you would want to do this first anyway.
Ken
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 08:53:57 PM »

Yep Ken has nailed this one ... Thats pretty much how I do it... To elborate further  you need to hack saw off neatly as much as you can then dress the rest up with a sanding disc on the grinder or a linishing belt is what I use. Then using FIBREGLASS BOG fill in the recess left... b4 doing this cut a small plate of aluminium or cat food can to fill the hole in so all the bog dosent run in side the coffe pot. Sit this plate below the level of the hole and you will need minimal fibrebog to  fill this now... make sure you dont bring the fibre bog all the way to the surface as you still need to use regular bog to finish of with. 80 grit free cut paper is used to level the bog and finish off with 240 free cut paper. Priming with a two pack or equivilent primer ( marine epoxy primer is best for aluminium) to preevent shrink back you will get with the use of acrylic primers. If acrylic primer is all you have then I strees it must be first given a coat of Wattyl black etch  primer followed by your acrylic primer. Remeber the best way to avoid shrinkback from the sanding marks is to sand all the 80 grit marks away with the 240... Then you wont have as much of an issue with shrinkback... Have fun with your coffee ...  cheers streetneat

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: