FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:26:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Speed Manual  (Read 2291 times)
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2003, 05:16:51 AM »

Well Got a 5 speed celica (Cast Iron) given to me on the weekend was in a friends LH Torana. So now have most of the new running gear for my FE Specail.
186 Stroker
5 Speed Manual
VN Disc Brake Rear End
HQ Disc Brake Front End

Question is has any body fitted 5 Speed before. As any tips or hints would be great. Also hints to what tail shaft.

Regards
Sarge
ddaam@bigpond.com
0421 165 351

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 10:15:14 AM »

hey sarge, not too sure if i can help you, but when i purchased my FC it had a 186 with 5 speed already installed, there are bellhousings to suit available from CRS and Dellow Automotive (as installed in mine). a new trans tunnel was fabricated and im not too sure what the tailshaft is from but its beefy. ( could have been cut down HQ???)

but while ive got you, ive also got a disc rear out of a VN and was wondering how you adapted the handbrake cable.? did you switch it to floor mount?
mine is still in original position under dash as i have bench seat still, but cant get the rear cable to meet with the cable from the handbrake. i was told an EH intermitdent cable might match the two up?Huh
sorry wasnt much help with the box but feel free to ask and i may be able to help you out.
good luck
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 10:23:51 AM »

Mal Wood Geargoxes in QLD supplies tailshaft yokes to suit Supra g/boxes that take Ford size uni's, which are the largest size u can get 4 strength. Don't know if Celica yokes are the same.

Regards  Seb

Yellow Knight

Sarge
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 06:48:29 PM »

Hi Dean
          Have not done the handbrake cable at this stage. But have been told the same about EH I hope this is so as I plan to leave the handle under dash. Have VK SLE interior & HR centre console to fit. I would like to take a fribeglass mould off the console so I dont chop up an original steel one. I also wish to keep the car original from the out side except for the 14" wheels, and tinted windows. So far have Front & Rear End in & Brakes working. Not happy with the boster will change to HG Holden I think Just trying to avoid choping up the firewall. Thinking of useing VK Commodore Manual Tunnel. Need to measure a few things first, Second, Third then cut once.

Regards
Mark
(Sarge)

0421 165 351
Sarge
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 06:51:32 PM »

Hi Seb
        Will contact Mal Wood & see what he has to say. Thanks for the lead.

Regards
Mark
(Sarge)

0421 165 351
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: