FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:57:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: what motor should i put in my fc  (Read 2277 times)
twitch

cant go past an FC

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2003, 01:38:41 AM »

what would be the best motor to put in my fc as my not so old grey motor might have had it. i am thinking of a red motor or an 8 or nissan motor. which would be best and which would i least have to do modifications for

twitch

FC's rule
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 02:43:06 AM »

You really need to give us more detail twitch.

What are your intentions with the car?
Do you want a speed demon or a cruiser?
Got lots or little cash?

IMHO, your best bet would be a Red/Blue/Black six, plenty of off the shelf stuff for the motors and for the conversions. Good reliable stock motors, or you can add turbo, supercharger, 2 and  4bbl carbs, double and triple carbs. No worries with extractor clearance.

If you go for a 3 speed manual box, it is a reletively simple conversion with no cutting (correct me if I am wrong) required.

I am doing a 202/trimatic in my FE, had to modify the tunnel and I will also be getting a chassis kit from Hadfields for strength and the gearbox crossmember mounting.

If you go Nissan or V8, you are talking major engineering and not just to get the motor to fit.

I am sure others will help out with tips and opinions too.

Cheers
Glenn

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 10:08:55 AM »

G'Day Twitch

Least amount of mods,stick with the grey and rebuild it.

A little bit of mods, fit a 138 or 149 red motor.A couple of engine mounts and it will bolt up to existing grey gearbox.

A bigger red/ blue/  black motor or anything else, lots of changes including transmission tunnel brakes wipers heater demister etc etc.

Stinky I am afraid to fit any other decent gearbox in an FC requires a tunnel change, about the only gearbox I think will fit without changes is the early model Datsun 4 speed,Dellow / Hadfield used to do conversion kits.

Hope this helps Twitch but as Stinky says more info in regards to use would be nice to be able to help more.

Good Luck
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: