FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 03:29:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sad day for holden  (Read 13046 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 09:49:50 AM »

Would they then call the car a Folden

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »

I agree with DJ, and have said as much elsewhere. The high $A won't  stay that way forever - if the US end their stimulus program (ie printing $80B a month) - then our dollar will quickly fall.

That sort of pressure is cyclic, but once an industry goes, it doesn't come back.

http://www.theglobalmail.org/feature/football-meat-pies-kangaroos-and-er/774/

cheers
RET

[Edit: had monthly stimulus out by a factor of 100. It's actually $US80 billion]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 12:17:41 PM by RET » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »

Hmmmm, HSV , HRT..... Huh

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 12:06:40 PM »

That's a reasonably balanced article, RET. We could end up with a monopoly in Toyota being the 'last man standing'. Could possibly save the industry if they take full advantage of the opportunity and really expand. There would then be a trail of breadcrumbs back here for others to re-enter the Australian motor industry. Wouldn't it be good if Holden could negotiate a merger deal here with Toyota for the next few years & get over the hump.

Dave
0417 270 315
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 07:30:48 PM »

Here is another variation of Holden's future.

(http://www.news.com.au/national/the-2017-holden-commodore-will-be-made-in-china/story-fncynjr2-1226783057648)

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »

Some sort of joint venture sounds a good thing. There used to be Commodore/Lexcen, Camry/Apollo. The Ford teretory Could be in the mix, along with some of the Holden utes & special vehicles. A name could be tricky.  There will NEVER be a great china wall in my shed.
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »

Would be good to see Holden try a new design built here in 2017, & perhaps a new model name.
For those old enough to remember the phrase 'Japanese junk", there are some similarities with the way China is developing - flood the market with second rate cheap stuff initially to eventually become a recognised leader in many fields. Not confident that their motor industry can produce a comparable standard to Holden or Toyota for a while yet though.

Dave
0417 270 315
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 09:23:32 PM »
+1

I hate to "rain on parades", but in my opinion this is a step (not necessarily deliberate) towards dystopia :/

Does it matter who is to blame, they can't reverse the course now, can they?

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »

I think Eric Norton's editorial in the latest "Holden" magazine says it all really.

Ken
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 12:49:15 AM »

What Ret said + 3 , plus we just don't have the population to keep our car industry viable, especially when Japan has Devalued it's yen, China is Forcing it's currency low, the US is Printing Cash like theres No Tomorrow and Aust Allow Rubbish like GW and Sherri to be imported into this country, plus the Aust. Wages are huge compared to most places in the world. I don't know what we can do now? I hope Adelaide doesn't turn into another Detroit !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: